Sunday, February 2, 2014
3pm - 5pm
O Cinema Wynwood, 90 NW 29th Street, Miami, FL 33127
O Cinema Phone Number: 305-571-9970
"CHOREOGRAPHING ENERGIES FOR ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECTS"
Participate in this discussion which brings together experts in EcoArt, an Engineer/Poet, and a Shaman to discuss how they choreograph their energies across multiple disciplines to achieve their goals. The discussion will explore what it means to work within an interdisciplinary context, especially as it relates to environmental restoration projects. We will examine examples of projects completed and underway and what the planning, implementation, and completion of their work looks like in practical terms. We will also look ahead to anticipate challenges that Climate Change may have on our way of life.
Discussion Moderated by:
- Rev. Houston R. Cypress, Member of the Coordination Circle for Love The Everglades Movement; Ordained Minister with Medicine Signs Spiritual Center; Board Member for Camposition, Inc.; President of Otter Vision, Inc. http://www.lovetheeverglades.org/
- Dr. Mary Jo Aagerstoun, Ph.D., Founder/President of EcoArt South Florida, Inc. http://ecoartsofla.org
- Roberto Rovira, Associate Professor & Chair, Landscape Architecture Department, College of Architecture & the Arts, FIU; Studio Roberto Rovira. http://www.robertorovira.com/
- E. Allen Stewart, III, PE, Engineer/Poet/Novelist, Consultant to HydroMentia, Inc
- Denise Credle, Artist and Shaman, Essential Apothecary. http://essentialapothecary.com/